* Re: attaching an e-mail as an attachment
       [not found] <61zofdxwxy0.fsf@skaliann-u10.cisco.com>
@ 2002-06-26 21:16 ` Josh Huber
       [not found]   ` <61zadphwr6h.fsf@skaliann-u10.cisco.com>
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-06-26 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sureshkumar Kaliannan <skaliann@cisco.com> writes:

> How do I attach an email/article as an attachment in a new mail?
>
> I found options for attaching a file, buffer but not another email.
> And  I couldn't find any mime option for an email attachment either.

Well, forwarding (C-c C-f) attaches the current message as a mime
part.  You must a prefix argument to insert the originally message in
non-mime form.

Perhaps this is what you're looking for?  Maybe there's something else
as well...

--
Josh Huber

* Re: attaching an e-mail as an attachment
       [not found]           ` <m3hejit55g.fsf@multivac.cwru.edu>
@ 2002-07-02 18:46             ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-07-02 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

>   (save-excursion (set-buffer b) (eq major-mode 'message-mode))
> instead of string-match?

Good idea!

I still need to investigate adding support for process marked articles
to g-a-attach-to-other-buffer.

Here's the current version:

;; functions for attaching/quoting text to existing message buffers
(defun gnus-active-buffers ()
  (delete nil
	  (mapcar
	   (lambda (b)
	     (if (save-excursion
		   (set-buffer b) (eq major-mode 'message-mode))
		 (cons (buffer-name b) b) nil))
	   (buffer-list))))

(defun gnus-article-yank-to-other-buffer (&optional n)
  (interactive "P")
  (let* ((articles (gnus-summary-work-articles n))
	 (buffers (gnus-active-buffers))
	 (buffer
	  (completing-read "Buffer to yank into: "
			   buffers
			   nil nil (caar buffers))))
    (set-buffer (get-buffer buffer))
    (gnus-inews-yank-articles articles)))

(defun gnus-article-attach-to-other-buffer (&optional n)
  (interactive "P")
  (let* ((articles (gnus-summary-work-articles n))
	 (buffers (gnus-active-buffers))
	 (buffer
	  (completing-read "Buffer to place attachment: "
			   buffers
			   nil nil (caar buffers))))
    (gnus-summary-select-article)
    (let ((mail-parse-charset
	   (or (and (gnus-buffer-live-p gnus-article-buffer)
		    (with-current-buffer gnus-article-buffer
		      gnus-article-charset))
	       gnus-newsgroup-charset))
	  (mail-parse-ignored-charsets gnus-newsgroup-ignored-charsets))
      (set-buffer (get-buffer buffer))
      (message-forward-make-body gnus-article-buffer))))

--
Josh Huber