* Kai, space, equal sign, question mark, iso-8859-1, question mark, q, question mark, Gro, equal sign, DFjohann, question mark, equal sign
@ 2002-04-06  5:36 Don Saklad
       [not found] ` <m37knlp51u.fsf@mkist.myip.org>
From: Don Saklad @ 2002-04-06  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc:   http://zork.net/~dsaklad
	http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories

What's happening?... Appearing often is
 Kai, space, equal sign, question mark, iso-8859-1, question mark, q,
 question mark, Gro, equal sign, DFjohann, question mark, equal sign

* Re: Kai, space, equal sign, question mark, iso-8859-1, question mark, q, question mark, Gro, equal sign, DFjohann, question mark, equal sign
       [not found] ` <m37knlp51u.fsf@mkist.myip.org>
@ 2002-04-06 19:52   ` Phil Stripling
       [not found]     ` <vxkpu1clcc3.fsf@cinnamon.vanillaknot.com>
From: Phil Stripling @ 2002-04-06 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Kallweitt <Michael.Kallweitt@bigfoot.de> writes:

> Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> > What's happening?
>
> Your version of Gnus is outdated, and cannot handle QP (quoted
> printable) encoding of 8-bit characters by itself.

Or he's using a current version of emacs and gnus in the shell, where 8-bit
characters are not supported?

--
Philip Stripling                | email to the replyto address is presumed
Legal Assistance on the Web     | spam and read later. email to philip@

       [not found]       ` <y44d6x8aovg.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
@ 2002-04-09 17:49         ` Phil Stripling
       [not found]           ` <v9k7rglnm6.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Phil Stripling @ 2002-04-09 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

>SNIP<
>  some people in the know. That would be a bit better even if
>  explication didn't meet the expectations of other people. What's here
>  at this end was set up by other people attempting to do what's
>  convenient for all ideally. Without the bit of denigrating, please do
>  encourage.

It gets a bit like the perl newsgroups around here sometimes with the
'encouragement' to maintain the latest and greatest. That not all emacs
users have complete control over their environment seems not to be
understood, at all, at all... . Oh, well.

--

       [not found]             ` <3q4rikso13.fsf@shell4.tdl.com>
@ 2002-04-09 20:48               ` Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2002-04-09 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phil Stripling <phil_stripling@cieux.zzn.com> writes:

> Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> You don't need full `complete control'.
>
> You mean I can do it with _half_ complete control? That would be nice.

No, you have full control over _your_ version of gnus. On my home
system gnus is version 5.9 which came bundled with emacs 21.2

I checked out oort from cvs into a directory in my home, and made the
little required ajustments in my .emacs file. Now I'm happily testing
oort with no interraction from or with the default system install.

The way to do this has been posted in the NG for me less than 24 hours
ago.

--
Rémi