From: physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com>
To: physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com>
Cc: "Clemens Schüller" <cs.mlists@mailbox.org>,
	"Clemens Schüller via info-gnus-english"
	<info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: how could gnus display the Gmail Labels X-GM-LABELS?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 18:49:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:
Hello,
i read about it this:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Support-for-IMAP-Extensions.html#Support-for-IMAP-Extensions

6.3.4 Support for IMAP Extensions
If you’re using Google’s Gmail, you may want to see your Gmail labels when reading your mail. Gnus can give you this information if you ask for ‘X-GM-LABELS’ in the variable gnus-extra-headers. For example:

(setq gnus-extra-headers
      '(To Newsgroups X-GM-LABELS))
This will result in Gnus storing your labels in message header
      structures for later use. The content is always a parenthesized
      (possible empty) list.

But unfortunately i don't understand, what to do with it.
Does Gnus show them, if availabe?
Or should someone create code to use it?
I don't know.

FYI: As far as i read on google developer sites, the folders Marked,
Sent, Important and so on, are also labels. Therefore they should be
displayed by gnus.
Perhaps gnus do not decode the labels??

Regards
Poul