* Stale connections
@ 2015-10-07  4:46 Random832
From: Random832 @ 2015-10-07  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Is there a way to stop gnus from holding open connections to servers
(especially nnimap) that it's not actively using and inevitably getting
long delays while it waits to time out or I have to hit C-g (which
occasionally makes it think the server is permanently broken until I
restart gnus)

I mostly see this happen with my IMAP server - I am on the
emacsformacosx.com build and it is using openssl to connect to the
server - but I do see this behavior with unencrypted NNTP servers
occasionally, so it's not purely an openssl issue.

* Re: Stale connections
@ 2015-10-07  8:10 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2015-10-07  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Random832 writes:

> I have to hit C-g (which
> occasionally makes it think the server is permanently broken until I
> restart gnus)

As a workaround for not having to restart gnus, after hitting C-g, you
can go to the server screen pressing "^" and closing all the connections
with M-c, then "q", then "g" again.

--
Alberto