wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes: > Hi Rainer, > > Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes: > >> Hi >> >> I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I >> really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article >> buffer. >> >> Is there something like this possible in gnus? >> >> If not, is there an easy way of opening the thread in notmuch (obviously >> assuming it was indexed already)? Something like searching for the >> subject or mail id using notmuch-search? >> >> Cheers, >> >> Rainer > > See the variable `gnus-treat-hide-citation'. This will elide quoted > text for you, giving you a button to press to show the quoted text > again. You can also give the variable an integer, to elide only text > below a certain quotation level. Thanks somehow this thread's response ended up on gmane.emacs.gnus.general. I am looking for a kind of single thread summary buffer, in which I can view the articles *in the summary buffer* by selecting them. Then they are expanded, and by selecting them again, they can be collapsed again. It seems that this does not exist in gnus. Cheers, Rainer > > See also (info "(gnus) Customizing Articles"). > > -WGG -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom