* How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where your're starting up gnus on a computer that has no set server for gnus at startup?...
@ 2007-08-06 16:21 thesak
From: thesak @ 2007-08-06 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where
your're starting up gnus on a particular machine that has no set
server for gnus at startup?...

* Re: How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where your're starting up gnus on a computer that has no set server for gnus at startup?...
  2007-08-06 16:21 How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where your're starting up gnus on a computer that has no set server for gnus at startup? thesak
@ 2007-08-06 17:07 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2007-08-06 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

thesak <don.saklad@gmail.com> writes:

> How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where
> your're starting up gnus on a particular machine that has no set
> server for gnus at startup?...

You write a .gnus file.  It's essentially required.  I guess you could
use M-: or something similar to set gnus-select-method, but that's too
much of a pain to use multiple times, especially given the amount of
state that gets saved in .newsrc.eld (and if you're synchronizing that
across machines somehow, you can synchronize .gnus too).

(Please write less wordy subject lines; ideally, keep the whole thing
under 60 characters or so.)

  --dzm

@ 2007-08-07 11:43 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-08-07 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

thesak <don.saklad@gmail.com> writes:

> How do you start up gnus Esc-x gnus with a particular server where
> your're starting up gnus on a particular machine that has no set
> server for gnus at startup?...

C-u M-x gnus

See the manual; (info "(gnus) Finding the News").

And don't multi-post, please. Try to keep the Gnus topics in the Gnus
newsgroup. If you have to post to multiple groups, then cross-post!