* trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting article
@ 2006-07-26  6:24 Joseph Le-Phan
From: Joseph Le-Phan @ 2006-07-26  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

As my local news spool is fetched via slrnpull, is it possible to
trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting an article
(atm, the article is sent to the out.going directory, and sent
cron-periodically)

Also, if all my groups have 0 unread messages, by default, i don't get a
listing of the groups (only the topics are visible.) Is it possible to
configure gnus to somehow show all groups (despite their being 0 unread
messages) when gnus is launched?

Thankyou

* Re: trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting article
@ 2006-07-26  8:36 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-07-26  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 26 2006, Joseph Le-Phan wrote:

> As my local news spool is fetched via slrnpull, is it possible to
> trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting an article

100% untested...

(defun my-slrnpull-post-only (&optional dont-check)
  (interactive)
  (when (or dont-check
	    (message-news-p))
    (gnus-message 5 "Posting news...")
    (shell-command "slrnpull --post-only.")))

(add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'my-slrnpull-post-only)

,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]

`----

,----[ (info "(gnus)Misc Group Stuff") ]
| `gnus-permanently-visible-groups'
|      Groups matching this regexp will always be listed in the group
|      buffer, whether they are empty or not.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting article
@ 2006-07-26 17:15   ` Joseph Le-Phan
From: Joseph Le-Phan @ 2006-07-26 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Wed, Jul 26 2006, Joseph Le-Phan wrote:
>
>> As my local news spool is fetched via slrnpull, is it possible to
>> trigger a 'slrnpull --post-only' event when posting an article
>
> 100% untested...
>
> (defun my-slrnpull-post-only (&optional dont-check)
>   (interactive)
>   (when (or dont-check
> 	    (message-news-p))
>     (gnus-message 5 "Posting news...")
>     (shell-command "slrnpull --post-only.")))
>
> (add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'my-slrnpull-post-only)

Thanks

>> Also, if all my groups have 0 unread messages, by default, i don't get a
>> listing of the groups (only the topics are visible.) Is it possible to
>> configure gnus to somehow show all groups (despite their being 0 unread
>> messages) when gnus is launched?
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
> | `visible'
> |      If the group parameter list has the element `(visible . t)', that
> |      group will always be visible in the Group buffer, regardless of
> |      whether it has any unread articles.
> |
> |      This parameter cannot be set via `gnus-parameters'. See
> |      `gnus-permanently-visible-groups' as an alternative.
> `----
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Misc Group Stuff") ]
> | `gnus-permanently-visible-groups'
> |      Groups matching this regexp will always be listed in the group
> |      buffer, whether they are empty or not.
> `----

I must've missed the faq entry somehow. Thanks for letting me know, though.

--
Joseph Le-Phan <five0.oss at gmail.com> [GPG key: 292E09A0]