* removing dead servers
@ 2020-01-22  4:50 Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2020-01-22  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

What is the right way to do this?

I had set up gnus using gnus-select-method and
gnus-secondary-select-methods to read mail and email. Eventually,
several email servers were dead and I removed them from
gnus-secondary-select-methods but they hung around (in .newsrc.eld?).

Anyhow, after trying and failing to remove them in the *Server* buffer
(they were un-editable), I realized that gnus uses the list
gnus-server-alist for the editable servers. I massaged
gnus-server-alist, edited the dead servers, and problem was solved.

That seems like a lousy way to solve what must be a common problem, but
I couldn't find a better way in the manual. Hence the question that
started the post.

Leo