* Re: using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
       [not found] <mailman.13244.1391102137.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-30 20:45 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-30 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> After subbing to some RSS groups, gnus seem to render the html as well
> as images well.  Clicking on a link however doesn't seem to work.

What's the value of the `mm-text-html-renderer' variable?

* Re: using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
@ 2014-01-31 10:35   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-01-31 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Jan 31 2014,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After subbing to some RSS groups, gnus seem to render the html as well
>> as images well.  Clicking on a link however doesn't seem to work.
>
> What's the value of the `mm-text-html-renderer' variable?

It's shr

 sivaram

* Re: using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
@ 2014-01-31 10:44     ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-01-31 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Jan 31 2014,Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 31 2014,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> After subbing to some RSS groups, gnus seem to render the html as well
>>> as images well.  Clicking on a link however doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> What's the value of the `mm-text-html-renderer' variable?
>
> It's shr
>
>  sivaram
>  --

Belay that.  Looks like I had this in .gnus.el

;; (setq browse-url-firefox-program "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe")

which was causing issues.  Commenting it out and clicking on a link
now, automatically launches my default browser.

Apologies for the noise.

 sivaram

* Re: using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
@ 2014-02-21 14:23   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-02-21 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Jan 31 2014,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After subbing to some RSS groups, gnus seem to render the html as well
>> as images well.  Clicking on a link however doesn't seem to work.

A few more questions on shr.  Just wanted to know whether there are
options to magnify the text of the buffer and images.  Gnus renders
RSS posts beautifully but the images are resized and I do want to
magnify them while reading or reduce them further, if need be.

Firefox does this with the + - keys(both text and images).

 sivaram

* Re: using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
@ 2014-03-04 20:11     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-03-04 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> A few more questions on shr.  Just wanted to know whether there are
> options to magnify the text of the buffer and images.  Gnus renders
> RSS posts beautifully but the images are resized and I do want to
> magnify them while reading or reduce them further, if need be.

Hit `z' to zoom images.

* using a browser from ma gnus 0.7
@ 2014-01-30 17:15 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-01-30 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

After subbing to some RSS groups, gnus seem to render the html as well
as images well.  Clicking on a link however doesn't seem to work.
What do I have to do get it sorted?  Either Gnusy rendered or
launching an external browser?  Any help appreciated as I don't
recollect what I did to get something in html rendered in gnus.  A
gnus search of url and browser in the info pages didn't seem to help.

 sivaram