Marius Hofert writes: Hello Marius: > If I put emacs --daemon in ~/.profile, then nothing happens anymore if > I click a link, not even Emacs is opened. If I remove it again from > ~/.profile, then I get the same behavior as before (with the > compose-mail-other-frame... "error"). I have never started Emacs this way before- I prefer to have Emacs open at all times. However, I just tried this out, you need to add "-c" to the emacslient command. Cheers, Charles -- "We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds." (Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam Linux Symposium)