* Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-10-29 15:59 Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2008-10-29 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have noticed that in my email messages the Date field has the time in
my local timezone (+0200 EET) but in news messages it's always in GMT.
This is not really a problem but I'd like to use local timezone with
news messages as well. Can it be configured? I couldn't find any option
for this.

* Re: Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-10-29 16:41 ` Andy Lewis
From: Andy Lewis @ 2008-10-29 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

>I have noticed that in my email messages the Date field has the time in
>my local timezone (+0200 EET) but in news messages it's always in GMT.
>This is not really a problem but I'd like to use local timezone with
>news messages as well. Can it be configured? I couldn't find any option
>for this.

(setq gnus-treat-date-local 'head)

* Re: Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-10-29 17:07   ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2008-10-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Andy Lewis (2008-10-29 09:41 -0700) wrote:

> Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:
>
>>I have noticed that in my email messages the Date field has the time in
>>my local timezone (+0200 EET) but in news messages it's always in GMT.
>>This is not really a problem but I'd like to use local timezone with
>>news messages as well. Can it be configured? I couldn't find any option
>>for this.
>
> (setq gnus-treat-date-local 'head)

Thanks, but this option is about how messages are displayed in my Gnus,
not about how the Date field is constructed before sending my messages
to newsgroups. The latter is what I'm trying to configure. Sorry for
being unclear.

* Re: Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-12-03 20:19     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-12-03 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Oct 29 2008, Teemu Likonen wrote:

> Andy Lewis (2008-10-29 09:41 -0700) wrote:
>> Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:
>>>I have noticed that in my email messages the Date field has the time in
>>>my local timezone (+0200 EET) but in news messages it's always in GMT.
>>>This is not really a problem but I'd like to use local timezone with
>>>news messages as well. Can it be configured? I couldn't find any option
>>>for this.
>>
>> (setq gnus-treat-date-local 'head)
>
> Thanks, but this option is about how messages are displayed in my Gnus,
> not about how the Date field is constructed before sending my messages
> to newsgroups. The latter is what I'm trying to configure.

Gnus doesn't produce different time formats for mail and news, see the
function `message-make-date'.

In fact your date headers don't look like they were produced by Gnus:

  Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:59:47 GMT
  Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:07:07 GMT

Gnus uses the numeric form of the timezone (e.g. "+0100").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-12-03 21:12       ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2008-12-03 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Reiner Steib (2008-12-03 21:19 +0100) wrote:

> Gnus doesn't produce different time formats for mail and news, see the
> function `message-make-date'.
>
> In fact your date headers don't look like they were produced by Gnus:
>
>   Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:59:47 GMT
>   Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:07:07 GMT
>
> Gnus uses the numeric form of the timezone (e.g. "+0100").

Thanks for info. That's strange. I just noticed that in my Gcc folder
there is a numeric local timezone in messages but the same message on
news server has the date header in GMT timezone. I used Tin newsreader
before and with it my messages appeared with numeric local timezone. At
least this is indirectly related to Gnus.

* Re: Message time in local timezone
@ 2008-12-12 18:06         ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2008-12-12 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Teemu Likonen (2008-12-03 21:12 +0000) wrote:

> Reiner Steib (2008-12-03 21:19 +0100) wrote:
>
>> Gnus doesn't produce different time formats for mail and news, see the
>> function `message-make-date'.
>>
>> In fact your date headers don't look like they were produced by Gnus:
>>
>>   Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:59:47 GMT
>>   Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:07:07 GMT
>>
>> Gnus uses the numeric form of the timezone (e.g. "+0100").
>
> Thanks for info. That's strange. I just noticed that in my Gcc folder
> there is a numeric local timezone in messages but the same message on
> news server has the date header in GMT timezone. I used Tin newsreader
> before and with it my messages appeared with numeric local timezone. At
> least this is indirectly related to Gnus.

I was wrong. My ISP (or something) produces those GMT date fields, no
matter what news client I use. So Gnus is not to blame. Sorry for the
noise.