* user name
@ 2007-11-24 23:52 Dean DeBruin
       [not found] ` <mailman.4053.1195983049.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Dean DeBruin @ 2007-11-24 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Is there a way to have gnus remember my user name so I don't have to
enter it each time I start gnus?

* Re: user name
@ 2007-11-25  9:30 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.4053.1195983049.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-25  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dean DeBruin <deandb@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Dean,

> Is there a way to have gnus remember my user name so I don't have to
> enter it each time I start gnus?

You can put your login name (and your password, too) into your
~/.authinfo file.  See (info "(gnus)NNTP") for an example.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
      "OS's and GUI's come and go, only Emacs has lasting power."
          Per Abrahamsen in <rjbsysc7n1.fsf@zuse.dina.kvl.dk>

* Re: user name
       [not found] ` <mailman.4053.1195983049.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2007-11-25 17:27   ` Dean DeBruin
From: Dean DeBruin @ 2007-11-25 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Dean DeBruin <deandb@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Dean,
>
>> Is there a way to have gnus remember my user name so I don't have to
>> enter it each time I start gnus?
>
> You can put your login name (and your password, too) into your
> ~/.authinfo file.  See (info "(gnus)NNTP") for an example.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Got it. Thank you!

Dean