* Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
@ 2006-11-03 22:20 netawater
From: netawater @ 2006-11-03 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have used nnfolder for my pop mail in old gnus; It said it is
mbox format. But when I use G-f command to visit it in new Gnus,
I can not get all message in it.

Can some body help me?

Thank you advance!

* Re: Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
@ 2006-11-04  1:08   ` netawater
From: netawater @ 2006-11-04  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you and I have tried it but it can not work for it seems it do not
support nnfolder type.

I have tried to create a new nnfolder group for a mailbox, and instead its
files with my backup files, Gnus can visit it correctly.

Is there the only method to visit them and I can not visit it with Gnus?

* Re: Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
@ 2006-11-04  1:11   ` netawater
From: netawater @ 2006-11-04  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are some html mail in my backup files, Does it cause the problem for it
is not standard mbox format.

* Re: Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
@ 2006-11-07  9:14 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-11-07  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 03 2006, netawater wrote:

> I have used nnfolder for my pop mail in old gnus; It said it is
> mbox format. But when I use G-f command to visit it in new Gnus,
> I can not get all message in it.

Use `G f' with a prefix (C-u G f file RET m):

,----[ (info "(gnus)Foreign Groups") ]
| `G f'
|      Make a group based on some file or other
|      (`gnus-group-make-doc-group').  If you give a prefix to this
|      command, you will be prompted for a file name and a file type.
|      Currently supported types are `mbox', `babyl', `digest', `news',
|      `rnews', `mmdf', `forward', `rfc934', `rfc822-forward',
|      `mime-parts', `standard-digest', `slack-digest', `clari-briefs',
|      `nsmail', `outlook', `oe-dbx', and `mailman'.  If you run this
|      command without a prefix, Gnus will guess at the file type.  *Note
|      Document Groups::.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
       [not found] <mailman.242.1162864251.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2006-11-07  8:25 ` sssslang
From: sssslang @ 2006-11-07  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> From: netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn>
> I have used nnfolder for my pop mail in old gnus; It said it is
> mbox format. But when I use G-f command to visit it in new Gnus,
> I can not get all message in it.
>
> Can some body help me?
>
> Thank you advance!

Try commdand "G d" or "G D".

* Re: Help>>>How do I backup and restore mail in gnus
@ 2006-11-03 23:41   ` netawater
From: netawater @ 2006-11-03 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much!

"G d" creates a nndir group, it tell me there is no message in it.
it seems "G D" explore my folder, but I can not find my mail.

Can I create a nnfolder group to visit it?