* help needed deleting certain files
@ 2005-10-16  3:46 Kirk Reiser
From: Kirk Reiser @ 2005-10-16  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks:  I wondered if someone might tell me how to just delete
individually marked or labeled messages from an nnfolder group.  I can
set-up expiration after a message has been read immediately or after
some number of days.  I can also just leave those messages in thhe
group forever, but I would like to be able to go through my nnfolder
group and identify files which I'm not interested in keeping and have
them deleted upon exiting of the group.  I've read through the
documentation on scoring and the like but truthfully it just confuses
the hell out of me.  All I want to be able to do is indicate the
articles I'd like expunged from the group/file.

I certainly would appreciate any help someone might lend me.  I have
loads of other questions I haven't figured out as well but want to
start small! 'grin'
  Kirk

--
Well that's it then, colour me gone!

* Re: help needed deleting certain files
@ 2005-10-16 13:25 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-10-16 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 Oct 2005 23:46:44 -0400, Kirk wrote:

> I wondered if someone might tell me how to just delete individually
> marked or labeled messages from an nnfolder group.

Does marking the messages with #, then deleting them with B Del work?

  Best regards,

--
 "Du danser godt, men ude af takt"                            Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: help needed deleting certain files
@ 2005-10-16 15:55   ` Kirk Reiser
From: Kirk Reiser @ 2005-10-16 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does marking the messages with #, then deleting them with B Del work?

Nope.  When I hit a # it shows up next to the message.  Then when I
hit B del the B shows up with delete-char after it but when I hit ret
it just goes to r# not sure of the case of the r there.  I also tried
just hitting del but get summary buffer is read only.  When I exit the
buffer and come back everything is as it was nothing has changed.

  Kirk

--

@ 2005-10-16 16:11     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-10-16 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16 Oct 2005 11:55:10 -0400, Kirk wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>> Does marking the messages with #, then deleting them with B Del work?

> Nope.  When I hit a # it shows up next to the message.  Then when I
> hit B del the B shows up with delete-char after it

That sounds odd (like you've got some problem with the delete key),
when I hit B Del Gnus asks me, for instance, "Do you really want to
delete these 2 articles forever?"

What happens if you do B Backspace or M-x gnus-summary-delete-article ?

  Best regards,

--

@ 2005-10-16 16:37       ` Kirk Reiser
From: Kirk Reiser @ 2005-10-16 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What happens if you do B Backspace or M-x gnus-summary-delete-article ?

I don't know but I'll try it.  I did figure out how to get rid of them
though thanks to your suggestions.  It appears that E marks the
message as expirable and then removes it on exit of the group.  I was
sure I tried that before and it didn't work but it sure worked this
time so go figure! 'grin'

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.
  Kirk

--
Well that's it then, colour me gone!