* gnus article washing... I think
@ 2005-10-04 14:34 Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2005-10-04 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just upgraded to the version of gnus in sid.  I have not really made
changes in my .emacs or .gnus.el file other than to set, unset, and
reset in all permutations these two variables:

 '(gnus-treat-strip-cr t)
 '(gnus-treat-wash-html nil)

if I set the wash html in customize for the current session, then the
mail appears as it should, with the line breaks intact.  However, when I
set it for future sessions, exit emacs, and restart, things are back to
having very long lines, with even signatures being screwed.  I have used
C-u g in the group buffer to remove the washing and everything then
looks fine.

I can provide any needed info from my confiig files.

Thanks,

rdc

Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

You enjoy the company of other people.

* Re: gnus article washing... I think
@ 2005-10-04 14:58 ` Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2005-10-04 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Robert D. Crawford" <rdc1x@comcast.net> writes:

> I just upgraded to the version of gnus in sid.  I have not really made
> changes in my .emacs or .gnus.el file other than to set, unset, and
> reset in all permutations these two variables:
>
>  '(gnus-treat-strip-cr t)
>  '(gnus-treat-wash-html nil)

I found the problem in my .gnus file.  The html variable was set there
as well and I guess it was overwriting the value in the .emacs file.

<sigh>  Sorry,

@ 2005-10-04 23:53 ` Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2005-10-04 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: "Robert D. Crawford" <rdc1x@comcast.net>