* kill double  mesg (mes-id)
@ 2005-05-25 11:06 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-05-25 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

Sometimes mostly in my imap folders I find the same message twice or
two times etc. Is there any function which would kill all doubled
messages in a given folder, using as a criterion the message-id?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: kill double  mesg (mes-id)
@ 2005-05-25 15:35 ` Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2005-05-25 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Uwe" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

    Uwe> Hello Sometimes mostly in my imap folders I find the same
    Uwe> message twice or two times etc. Is there any function which
    Uwe> would kill all doubled messages in a given folder, using as a
    Uwe> criterion the message-id?

Try setting gnus-suppress-duplicates to t

--
Nelson Ferreira

* Re: kill double  mesg (mes-id)
@ 2005-05-25 19:30     ` Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2005-05-25 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Nelson> Try setting gnus-suppress-duplicates to t

    Uwe> I as too quick, so now duplicated messages are marked as
    Uwe> read, but this really does not help me too much (I have set
    Uwe> display message to all in almost all folders). I want to
    Uwe> delete such message not to hide them.

Maybe you also need to set gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates to t ?

Since  I use procmail I have this and have not much usage of duplicates...

--- .procmailrc

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 32768 $HOME/.msgid.cache

INCLUDERC=$HOME/.dupcheck.rc

--- ---

.dupcheck.rc is from here

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pm-lib/pm-lib/lib-stebbens/dupcheck.rc?rev=1.1&view=auto

Hope this helps somewhat...

[...]

--
Nelson Ferreira

* Re: kill double  mesg (mes-id)
@ 2005-05-25 20:03   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-05-25 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-05-25 20:07   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-05-25 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Nelson> Try setting gnus-suppress-duplicates to t

I as too quick, so now duplicated messages are marked as read, but
this really does not help me too much (I have set display message to
all in almost all folders). I want to delete such message not to hide
them.

Uwe

* Re: kill double  mesg (mes-id)
@ 2005-05-26 11:22       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-05-26 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Nelson> Try setting gnus-suppress-duplicates to t

    Uwe> I as too quick, so now duplicated messages are marked as
    Uwe> read, but this really does not help me too much (I have set
    Uwe> display message to all in almost all folders). I want to
    Uwe> delete such message not to hide them.

    Nelson> Maybe you also need to set gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates to t ?

I could try that, but what does ignore mean? Either

    -  the messages are there in the folder, but are not displayed

    -  they are deleted

I am using the nnimap backend so procmail would not help and I would
like to clean up my imap folder from duplicated mail.

Uwe