Lars Tobias Borsting writes: >> Press `C-g' and show the resulting backtrace. > > I pressed C-g but it didn't pop up any bactrace, it just went on with > it's next task. > Perhaps doing M-x set-variable RET debug-on-signal RET t would help with that? > How can I find out which movemail-program is being used, or where to > find one and specify it? > I use fetchmail piped to procmail *outside* of Emacs, and have procmail split my mail into separate groups, so I'm not using an Emacs-related program, but from recent reading of the Gnus Info (I just last week set all this up under Gnus 5.10), I think that the default program is supplied by Emacs, and called 'movemail', oddly enough ;-). If you are on an *nix box, 'which movemail' or 'locate movemail' might help. However, IIRC, Emacs 'movemail' gets from the local *nix spool file and outputs in RMAIL format - dunno if that is what you wanted, or if movemail can be persuaded to output into a different format. According to 'C-h f': (------------ snip! ------------------) mail-source-movemail-program's value is nil Documentation: If non-nil, name of program for fetching new mail. You can customize this variable. Defined in `mail-source'. (------------ /snip! ------------------) HTH, +Chris -- In the fight between you and the world, back the world. -- Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)