* Re: Error when doing M P a (in reply to Reiner)
       [not found] ` <8465v4v99w.fsf@crybaby.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2002-11-11 12:13   ` Marco Paunescu
       [not found]     ` <84vg34w63t.fsf@crybaby.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Marco Paunescu @ 2002-11-11 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Marco Paunescu <heavy@metal.ro> writes:
>
> > Hello Reiner, hello emacsers.
> > Here you have the report of the debugger.
> > Sorry for the length and for being late.
> >
> > Debugger  entered--Lisp  error:  (range-error  "truncate"  1340118237.0)
> >   format("%06d"  1340118237.0)  gnus-uu-expand-numbers((("aa:  aaaaaaaa"
>
> Hm.  Does this still happen with the most recent Oort Gnus?  I vaguely
> remember that there have been some changes which could affect this.
>
> kai

Well, I tried Oort Gnus but I had problems entering the groups (it was a
kind of gnus-retrieve-messages error), so I came back to Gnus 5.9.0.
If that retrieve messages error can be solved I'd happily switch to Oort
;-)
Big thanks for your support.
--
Marco Paunescu
(Aka Pau)

* Re: Error when doing M P a (in reply to Reiner)
       [not found]       ` <87bs4wf3oj.fsf@yahoo.it>
@ 2002-11-12  7:52         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-12  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco Paunescu <heavy@metal.ro> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Maybe switching to Oort and then back again put strange stuff into
>> your .newsrc.eld, you might have to weed that out.  (Especially the
>> Lisp expressions for gnus-summary-line-format.)
>
> Mmm, isn't gnus-summary-line-format in .gnus and not in .newsrc.eld?
> I'm just gonna try to switch to Oort...

When you invoke gnus-compile, a Lisp version of the format string is
written to .newsrc.eld.  I think.  The Lisp version can be processed
faster than the format string itself.

kai

* Re: Error when doing M P a (in reply to Reiner)
@ 2002-11-12 21:10           ` Marco Paunescu
From: Marco Paunescu @ 2002-11-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Marco Paunescu <heavy@metal.ro> writes:
>
> > kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> >
> >> Maybe switching to Oort and then back again put strange stuff into
> >> your .newsrc.eld, you might have to weed that out.  (Especially the
> >> Lisp expressions for gnus-summary-line-format.)
> >
> > Mmm, isn't gnus-summary-line-format in .gnus and not in .newsrc.eld?
> > I'm just gonna try to switch to Oort...
>
> When you invoke gnus-compile, a Lisp version of the format string is
> written to .newsrc.eld.  I think.  The Lisp version can be processed
> faster than the format string itself.
>
> kai

Hey Kai, I tried to remove my .newsrc.eld and make gnus generate it
again, but it was useless: I got the error again. I also tried to remove
it and comment the gnus-summary-line-format in .gnus, but it was the
same.
Any other suggestion?
I'm wondering about trying to switch to Oort again, if that
gnus-retrieve-messages error can be solved...
Thanks again for your help.
Best regards
--
Marco Paunescu