* Gnus to read offline news message?
@ 2002-04-24 11:19 PeterWu
       [not found] ` <87sn5lnf5m.fsf@u.washington.edu>
From: PeterWu @ 2002-04-24 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I run both gnus and slrn. The latter offers slrnpull program that pulls the messages offline from the news server.

Is there such a feature in Gnus? If no, will such feature be added in the near future? Thanks.

- Peter

* Re: Gnus to read offline news message?
@ 2002-04-24 17:47 ` those who know me have no need of my name
       [not found] ` <87sn5lnf5m.fsf@u.washington.edu>
From: those who know me have no need of my name @ 2002-04-24 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

<u662h8hu2.fsf@PETERWU.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me> divulged:

>I run both gnus and slrn. The latter offers slrnpull program that pulls
>the messages offline from the news server.
>
>Is there such a feature in Gnus? If no, will such feature be added in the
>near future? Thanks.

there's no feature like that in gnus.  you can use gnus to read your local
(slrnpull managed) spool, same as you do with slrn.

* Re: Gnus to read offline news message?
@ 2002-04-25  3:52   ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2002-04-25  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> there's no feature like that in gnus.  you can use gnus to read your local
> (slrnpull managed) spool, same as you do with slrn.

How to make them work together? Thanks again!

* Re: Gnus to read offline news message?
       [not found]     ` <g01k54pk.fsf@morpheus.demon.co.uk>
@ 2002-04-25 13:20       ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2002-04-25 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Moore <gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dave Watson <djwatson@u.washington.edu> writes:
>> > Yes, when I last read over the manual, I believe I did see a feature
>> > like that.   Check here:
>> >
>> > http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_205.html#SEC205
>> >

>> Tried but no success. The Gnus still fetch the news online..
>
> I just asked this question recently. Check back in this newsgroup for
> an article by Harry Putnam, in reply to one of mine, with the subject
> "Re: Setting up gnus in agent mode from scratch". I can't persuade
> Gnus to show me the full headers [Can anyone tell me how to do this?]
> so I can't give you the Message-ID, sorry.

W t

hth

Glyn