From: Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: wrong unread count on imap server synced with offlineimap
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 16:19:12 +0100	[thread overview]

First of all I'd like to know what the status is regarding the of the
unread messages count for the nnimap backup. A few years ago, I'd been
told that Gnus couldn't provide an accurate number since it didn't
directly queried the IMAP server but computed it from some message ID
number. Is that still the case ?

Second, I'm experiencing a strange behaviour. I'm syncing my ISP imap
folders on two different computers with offlineimap. I'm also syncing the
.newsrc.eld file between the computers. I'd expect Gnus to display the
same unread counts on both computers but while it's correct on one, it's
off by several thousands on the other one. Is offlineimap to blame ?

Julien.