* Using IMAP as POP, fetching from multiple folders?
@ 2015-02-18  7:42 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-02-18  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi.

I am using IMAP-as-POP (i.e. downloading all new emails via IMAP and
handling them locally in nnml). This suits me well.

After getting a phone that handles email, I need to do some server side
splitting - but I want to keep my IMAP-as-POP setup.

Looking at the manual for Mail Sources under "imap", I find:

  ":mailbox

      The name of the mailbox to get mail from. The default is ‘INBOX’
      which normally is the mailbox which receives incoming mail."

Is it possible to specify multiple mailboxes here? If so: What is the
syntax?

(I tried ("INBOX" "Test") and "INBOX Test", neither of which
worked; I got errors like this:

  "Mail source (imap :server MAILSERVER :stream ssl :fetchflag \Seen :mailbox (Inbox Test)) error (stringp)."

  "Mail source (imap :server MAILSERVER :stream ssl :fetchflag \Seen :mailbox Inbox Test) error (IMAP error: "Inbox Test" doesn't exist.)."
).

  Best regards,

    Adam, keeping email old school since the 90s.

--
 "I came from a household that showed as much                 Adam Sjøgren
  knowledge or interest in sport as hedgehogs show in    asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Using IMAP as POP, fetching from multiple folders?
@ 2015-02-18  7:44 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-02-18  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Adam writes:

> Is it possible to specify multiple mailboxes here? If so: What is the
> syntax?

I realized, as I pressed C-c C-c on that previous email, that I may be
able to get what I want by simply adding a mail source per folder
(mailbox). Hm.

Is that the solution?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Probabilistic algorithms don't appeal to me. (This          Adam Sjøgren
  is a question of aesthetics, not practicality.) So     asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Using IMAP as POP, fetching from multiple folders?
@ 2015-02-18 10:15   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-02-18 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Adam writes:

> Adam writes:

>> Is it possible to specify multiple mailboxes here? If so: What is the
>> syntax?

> I realized, as I pressed C-c C-c on that previous email, that I may be
> able to get what I want by simply adding a mail source per folder
> (mailbox). Hm.

> Is that the solution?

Well, it works. But it is slow, authenticating once per folder, so it
would be much nicer to be able to specify multiple mailboxes to "suck"
from.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "nu ska vi dansa efter min pipa                              Adam Sjøgren
  sen ska vi dansa efter din pipa"                       asjo@koldfront.dk