Sivaram Neelakantan writes: > On Thu, Mar 06 2014,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > >> Sivaram Neelakantan writes: >> >>> I've had a look at article caching and I can't figure how that would >>> apply to my use case. Some RSS articles I want to save for long term >>> reference. Is it enough to simply copy them to some other folder, >>> preferably in the same format that I see in the gwene ng? >> >> The `*' command will cache the message locally. > > Looks like I misunderstood what the * option does for caching. I've > been marking some articles with * and I see that it has all expired > now and no longer in the group. > > I think my use case goes like this. > > How I keep certain articles in the group without it ever expiring > unless I mark it for deletion or delete it. I've subbed to some RSS > feeds where I'd like to retain specific posts forever within the > group. > > How do I do that, please? How about 'ticking' each required email with the "!" ? I've found that this works for me, so far at least anyway. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.6