From: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Multiple sources and accounts with GNUS
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:35:21 +0100	[thread overview]

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> writes:

Hi Yuri,

> After trying some more, it seems that smtpmail is *not* making a
> secured connection with STARTTLS at all.
>
> (setq
>   send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>   message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>   smtpmail-debug-info t smtpmail-debug-verb t
>   smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.x" 25 "x" nil))
>   smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.x", 25, nil, nil))
>   smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.x")
>
> Anything missing? (yes, gnutls-cli is present and working).

Hm, as already said, I have no real clue about the material here.  All I
have is

(setq send-mail-function   'smtpmail-send-it
      message-send-mail-function 'message-smtpmail-send-it
      smtpmail-debug-info  t
      smtpmail-smtp-server   (if (th-uni-network-p)
             "deliver.uni-koblenz.de"
           "mail.messagingengine.com"))

with user/password in my encrypted ~/.authinfo.gpg.  That's all I can
say. :-(

Bye,
Tassilo