* nnmairix question
@ 2009-10-01 15:29 Francis Moreau
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Francis Moreau @ 2009-10-01 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I'm using nnmairix but unfortunately found that nnmairix-goto-original-
article function doesn't work for me.

In a nnmairix group I do '$ o' on a current article and got: "Couldn't
find original article".

But gnus doesn't tell me why it couldn't...

So does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

* Re: nnmairix question
@ 2009-10-02 11:36 ` David Engster
       [not found] ` <mailman.7899.1254483421.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: David Engster @ 2009-10-02 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm using nnmairix but unfortunately found that nnmairix-goto-original-
> article function doesn't work for me.
>
> In a nnmairix group I do '$ o' on a current article and got: "Couldn't
> find original article".
>
> But gnus doesn't tell me why it couldn't...

I agree that a little more debugging output would be neat...

Finding the original article is a bit tricky. nnmairix will first try to
use the registry. This will only work if you're actually using the
registry (highly recommended), and if the article in question was
already "seen" by the registry (the registry will register every article
that is displayed in a summary buffer).

Now, if the registry did not work, it will do another mairix search,
which looks like this:

mairix -Q -r m:MESSAGE-ID

(the MESSAGE-ID must be specified without the angle brackets!).

This is a search in 'raw mode', i.e., it will only display the full path
to the found message(s). nnmairix will try to find the message from this
path, based on some simple heuristics. It would be interesting to know
how the output of the above search commands looks with your
configuration, and what kind of backend server you're using for your
mail (nnml, nnimap, or nnmaildir).

Regards,
David

* Re: nnmairix question
       [not found] ` <mailman.7899.1254483421.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2009-10-02 11:48   ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2009-10-02 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

On Oct 2, 1:36 pm, David Engster <d...@randomsample.de> wrote:

> Finding the original article is a bit tricky. nnmairix will first try to
> use the registry. This will only work if you're actually using the
> registry (highly recommended), and if the article in question was
> already "seen" by the registry (the registry will register every article
> that is displayed in a summary buffer).

I finally end up to use registry, so now it works.

But just in case, you're interested in debugging my original issue...

> Now, if the registry did not work, it will do another mairix search,
> which looks like this:
>
> mairix -Q -r m:MESSAGE-ID
>
> (the MESSAGE-ID must be specified without the angle brackets!).

here is the ouptut of mairix:

/home/fmoreau/Mail/expired/953

> This is a search in 'raw mode', i.e., it will only display the full path
> to the found message(s). nnmairix will try to find the message from this
> path, based on some simple heuristics. It would be interesting to know
> how the output of the above search commands looks with your
> configuration, and what kind of backend server you're using for your
> mail (nnml, nnimap, or nnmaildir).

nnml.

Thanks

* Re: nnmairix question
       [not found] ` <mailman.7899.1254483421.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-08-30  4:49 ` oli
From: oli @ 2010-08-30  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: francis.moro

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using nnmairix but unfortunately found that nnmairix-goto-original-
> article function doesn't work for me.
>
> In a nnmairix group I do '$ o' on a current article and got: "Couldn't
> find original article".
>
> But gnus doesn't tell me why it couldn't...
>
> So does anybody have an idea ?
>
> Thanks

Did you finally find a solution to your problem (as I guess ;-) ?

I'm trying to use nnmairix too. The command line (mairix) part works
quite effeciently. So I'm quite willing to use it with gnus.

Would that make sens that you send me your .gnus part relatively to
nnmairix as well as you .mairixrc file ?

Thanx in advance.

--
 Oli