* Syntax error in smtpmail?
@ 2009-06-12 12:33 Hermann
From: Hermann @ 2009-06-12 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,
in order to checkout the smtpmail function I added the following in
.gnus:

(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
   smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.1und1.de")

When I try to send a mail, I get the error message:
"smtp://smtp.1und1.de/25 name or service unknown".
Between .de and 25 there should be a colon, no slash.
When I append :25 to the above entry, nothing changes.
Any hints?
Hermann

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-06-12 12:33 UTC | newest]