* Additional software to read email with Gnus on Ubuntu?
@ 2009-01-26 22:16 thruxton
From: thruxton @ 2009-01-26 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi List,
I would like to use Gnus to read email/newsgroups on my ubuntu laptop
but am unsure what extra software I need to install to do so.
I have home email, work email and gmail/yahoo mail to configure, most
use ssl on the smtp end, do I need utilities like starttls or msmtp
installed?

 Do I need fetchmail & sendmail or does Gnus manage all of these
things?

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and the emacs-snapshot that includes Gnus v5.13
I am comfortable with fetchmail getting my emails and pointing Gnus to
my inbox, but as for sending email and using helper utilites I am not
sure what to install.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.