* tracking posts
@ 2007-10-08 14:17 Joe Bloggs
From: Joe Bloggs @ 2007-10-08 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is some way to automatically keep a track of my posts in a single place. I am sometimes forgetful so would rather have gnus tell me which groups I have posted in, when, and what the subject was.

* Re: tracking posts
@ 2007-10-08 21:11 ` Sebastian Kaps
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Sebastian Kaps @ 2007-10-08 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

// Joe Bloggs writes:

> Hi, can anyone tell me if there is some way to automatically keep a
> track of my posts in a single place. I am sometimes forgetful so would
> rather have gnus tell me which groups I have posted in, when, and what
> the subject was.

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((if (message-news-p)
        "sent-news")))

This will create you a group called "nnfolder+archive:sent-news".

--
Ciao, Sebastian

* Re: tracking posts
@ 2007-10-08 23:00   ` Bob Fry
From: Bob Fry @ 2007-10-08 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ya gotta love the un*x attitude, text-based tools, and emacs lisp.  3
lines to accomplish what probably no other newsreader could hope to
do.

Sadly a lot of useful posting is now done in individual web-based
"forums". Damn hard to keep track of all these disparate sites.  Ya
gotta hate the micro$oft attitude, gui-based tools, and
point-and-click. Thousands of lines of code to accomplish the most
basic chores.
--
When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a
woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of

* Re: tracking posts
@ 2007-10-09 15:27   ` Joe Bloggs
From: Joe Bloggs @ 2007-10-09 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sebastian Kaps <seb@toyland.sauerland.de> writes:

> // Joe Bloggs writes:
>
>> Hi, can anyone tell me if there is some way to automatically keep a
>> track of my posts in a single place. I am sometimes forgetful so would
>> rather have gnus tell me which groups I have posted in, when, and what
>> the subject was.
>

> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>       '((if (message-news-p)
>         "sent-news")))
>
> This will create you a group called "nnfolder+archive:sent-news".
>
> --
> Ciao, Sebastian
So simple! thanks!

* Re: tracking posts
@ 2007-10-11 21:27   ` Joe Bloggs
From: Joe Bloggs @ 2007-10-11 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sebastian Kaps <seb@toyland.sauerland.de> writes:

> // Joe Bloggs writes:
>
>> Hi, can anyone tell me if there is some way to automatically keep a
>> track of my posts in a single place. I am sometimes forgetful so would
>> rather have gnus tell me which groups I have posted in, when, and what
>> the subject was.
>

> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>       '((if (message-news-p)
>         "sent-news")))
>
> This will create you a group called "nnfolder+archive:sent-news".
>
> --
> Ciao, Sebastian

Actually, since that is so simple, perhaps the following is not too difficult either; is there any way for gnus to also keep a track of replies to my posts? So I just need to look in the nnfolder+archive:sent-news group?

* Re: tracking posts
@ 2007-10-12  6:59     ` Sebastian Kaps
From: Sebastian Kaps @ 2007-10-12  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

// Joe Bloggs writes:

> Actually, since that is so simple, perhaps the following is not too
> difficult either; is there any way for gnus to also keep a track of
> replies to my posts? So I just need to look in the
> nnfolder+archive:sent-news group?

None that I know of. Gnus would have to scan all newsgroups for this to
find these replies. I'm sure this is possible somehow, but it may be
painfully slow.
I just give replies to my posts a higher score value so they get a
different color and thus are easy to find in the summary buffer.

--
Ciao, Sebastian