* Follow links in html articles?
@ 2007-08-30 23:12 Jim Kalb
From: Jim Kalb @ 2007-08-30 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

How can I set up gnus so I can follow links in html articles?

6.4.7 of the manual seems to give some code that makes that happen
if you use w3 to display the message, but I use lynx (I don't have
w3) and am not competent to make the appropriate changes if such
exist.

There's a page in the Emacs Wiki that gives code that supposedly
creates a list of the urls in the article and you choose the number
of the one you want:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BrowsingUrlsInGnusArticle

I just get a blank buffer with no list in it.

Can anybody point me somewhere that explains what to do, if
possible in words of one syllable?

--
Jim Kalb

* Re: Follow links in html articles?
@ 2007-08-30 23:25 ` Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo
From: Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo @ 2007-08-30 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Re: Follow links in html articles?
@ 2007-08-31  7:04   ` Jim Kalb
From: Jim Kalb @ 2007-08-31  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

"Exal" == Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo <no-spam@gnu.org> writes:

  Exal> Jim Kalb em gnu.emacs.gnus escreveu :
  >> How can I set up gnus so I can follow links in html articles?

  Exal> I use for firefox this:

  Exal> ,----
  Exal> |
  Exal> | (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox |
  Exal> browse-url-new-window-flag t |
  Exal> browse-url-firefox-new-window-is-tab t) `----

That's OK if the article is not rendered using links or lynx. If it
is, though, the links in the article are not useable. My issue is
how to make them useable in that case.

--

@ 2007-08-31  9:22     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-08-31  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Jim Kalb <skarpheddin@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Jim,

>   Exal> | (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox |
>   Exal> browse-url-new-window-flag t |
>   Exal> browse-url-firefox-new-window-is-tab t) `----
>
> That's OK if the article is not rendered using links or lynx. If it
> is, though, the links in the article are not useable. My issue is how
> to make them useable in that case.

I use w3m with emacs-w3m for that.

,----[ ~/.gnus.el ]
| (require 'w3m)
| (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
| (setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
| (setq mm-inline-large-images t)
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
          "Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
                - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -