* Why I can't use gnus...
@ 2006-08-06 21:31 Mathias Gehrung
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Mathias Gehrung @ 2006-08-06 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

... as my favourite mailreader. I enjoy using gnus as newsreader, and
so I thought it would be fine using it for mail too. So I spent some
days trying to get it to work with the several email-accounts I'm
using. While IMAP's working fine, I experienced several problems using
pop and smtp. Especially when using ssl or non-standard-ports
(i.e. gmail smtp). So I did some searching the web and this
newsgroup. Since I don't want to get together all needed files from
several sources and different versions, I couldn't get things to
work. Trying gnus from CVS helped a little, but still some things
didn't work. So I ended up not using gnus for my email-thingy. So if
anybody has still some tipps (the easy way) how to get gnus to work
with pop and smtp using ssl I'd be delighted to hear them.

Thanks,

Mathias