* Re: System or Network commands. Address of your mailserver, Internet Provider or hostname.
       [not found] <y44ptvhoipz.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
@ 2002-09-13 18:50 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2002-09-13 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Sep 2002 14:19:36 -0400, Don Saklad wrote:

> Without having to round up other people or ask around, what system
> or network commands will give you, how do you determine?...  the
> address of your mailserver, Internet Provider or hostname for the
> form at http://my.gnus.org/GDG/basic

This question has been answered before. Recently. In this group.

You cannot determine the address of your mailserver by running any
command. It's not possible.

You need to be told.

By someone who knows where your email is stored when it arrives.

A guess could be "pop.ai.mit.edu", if you're on ai.mit.edu.

  Best regards,

--
 "Ok, so we didn't learn any big lesson. Sue me."              Adam Sjøgren
 "Live and don't learn, that's us."                       asjo@koldfront.dk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-13 18:50 UTC | newest]