* Re: posting to a specific backend [POSTING][BACKEND]
       [not found] ` <vafit6ytazz.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-05-13 17:33   ` Ketanu
From: Ketanu @ 2002-05-13 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ketanu <ketanu@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > Following what is done by gnus for article archiving
> > [(Gnus)Article Archiving::], i guessed a method after the Gcc header line that
> > may say "Gcc: nnfolder+sent:sent-misc", thus i tried to post with
> > "Newsgroups: nnfolder+notes:todays-notes" that failed.
>
> I have augmented nnml such that it groks Newsgroups headers.  This
> can be done very easily for nnfolder, too.
>
> Would you like to try it and compare with the Gcc solution to see
> which one you like better?
>
> After you have allowed Newsgroups headers for nnfolder, you'd use
> this header: Newsgroups: todays-notes

How can i do this « allowing » ?

> And then you hit C-u 0 C-c C-c and choose the nnfolder:notes server
> for sending.
>
> If gnus-post-method is `current' (which is the default), you can also
> do `C-u a' over the nnfolder+notes:todays-notes group in the *Group*
> buffer, and then you just hit `C-c C-c' for sending.
>
> Here is the nnml.el modification:
>
> (deffoo nnml-request-post (&optional server)
>   (nnmail-do-request-post 'nnml-request-accept-article server))

Alas, i did not find this modification to work along with
gnus 5.9.0  because the nnmail-do-request-post is empty variable,
and replacing (that's dumb, but i tried) it by nnmail-request-post
do not work much more (wrong number of arguments), and i have no idea for a
fix.
--
Ketanu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-13 17:33 UTC | newest]