* bad word (body)
@ 2014-09-14 21:49 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-14 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sometimes I cannot send to Aioe.org because it says
there is a bad word in the body.

But I can't find it. So I try to modify the text to get
rid of it.

Sometimes I do but still cannot understand what is bad
about it.

Sometimes I can't find it. By then, I have tried so
many times so when I try to send something completely
different that doesn't comply either, because there are
"too many errors from my IP". So I have to get a new
IP... (Yeah, completely ridiculous!)

Is this a Gnus issue or Aioe issue? Or channel issue?
(I have noticed it happens more often on the
alt.os.linux channel.)

Question: how do I find out exactly what word is bad so
I can just remove it (them) and send?

--
underground experts united

* Re: bad word (body)
@ 2014-09-15  1:05 ` Emanuel Berg
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-15  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Sometimes I cannot send to Aioe.org because it says
> there is a bad word in the body.

Here is the exact message:

    Couldn't send message via news: 441 Badword (Body)

--

@ 2014-09-15 13:50   ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8908.1410789072.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-09-15 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Sometimes I cannot send to Aioe.org because it says
>> there is a bad word in the body.

> Here is the exact message:

>     Couldn't send message via news: 441 Badword (Body)

You'll need to ask to the admin of the news server in question about
what nasty words you should not use; 441 is an nntp status code:

 * http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3977#section-6.3.1

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "What do you feel                                            Adam Sjøgren
  When you let go of the wheel                           asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: bad word (body)
@ 2014-09-15 16:21   ` Ray
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8908.1410789072.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Ray @ 2014-09-15 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
>
>> Sometimes I cannot send to Aioe.org because it says
>> there is a bad word in the body.
>
> Here is the exact message:
>
>     Couldn't send message via news: 441 Badword (Body)
Had the same problem a few times over the years. Unfortunately
I have never resolved it. I shall watch these posts with interest.

Ray

* Re: bad word (body)
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8908.1410789072.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-09-15 22:10     ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-15 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Couldn't send message via news: 441 Badword (Body)
>
> You'll need to ask to the admin of the news server in
> question about what nasty words you should not use

News server - i.e., Aioe.org? In that case, I should
probably look for a list on their home page!

Irony: Browse a list of nasty words so you won't
unintentionally be nasty!

> 441 is an nntp status code

Yes:

    Response code 441
       Generated by: POST (second stage)
       Meaning: posting failed.

It seems to be a generic error code though which
doesn't relate specificly to this problem, so perhaps
that is a dead end.

--
underground experts united