* gnus doesn't use nnimap-authinfo-file
@ 2013-05-28 19:38 Shnippelson
From: Shnippelson @ 2013-05-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi

I'm trying to set up gnus but without success.
It is seems to me that gnus doesn't use "nnimap-authinfo-file".
I have the following lines in gnus-init:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
   (nnimap "Work"
   (nnimap-address "mail.work.ru")
   (nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/shnip/.emacs.d/gnus/.authinfo")
   (nnimap-stream ssl)
   (nnimap-server-port 993))))

But gnus reads information from file ~/.authinfo. I can check it by
deleting the file.

* Re: gnus doesn't use nnimap-authinfo-file
@ 2013-05-29  2:37 ` W. Greenhouse
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2013-05-29  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,

Shnippelson <Shnippelson-o+MxOtu4lMCHXe+LvDLADg@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to set up gnus but without success.
> It is seems to me that gnus doesn't use "nnimap-authinfo-file".
> I have the following lines in gnus-init:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
>    (nnimap "Work"
>    (nnimap-address "mail.work.ru")
>    (nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/shnip/.emacs.d/gnus/.authinfo")
>    (nnimap-stream ssl)
>    (nnimap-server-port 993))))
>
> But gnus reads information from file ~/.authinfo. I can check it by
> deleting the file.

Current Gnus doesn't have this variable.

(gnus-version)
"Gnus v5.13"

(require 'nnimap)
(boundp 'nnimap-authinfo-file)
nil

Instead, you can customize the variable `auth-sources', which can be
multiple files, possibly GPG-encrypted.

See (info "(auth) Help for users") for more advice.

--
BOFH excuse #387:

Your computer's union contract is set to expire at midnight.