* nnimap-split-rule regex: match newlines
@ 2006-12-15 18:28 Kurt B. Kaiser
From: Kurt B. Kaiser @ 2006-12-15 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to split on two headers which are separated by a couple of
lines.  But I haven't been able to figure out how to match the newlines.
I have:

        ("INBOX.SomeMailbox"
         "^From:.*avendor\\(.*[ \t\n]\\)*Subject:.*Order Confirmation")

I started with

"^From:.*avendor.*Subject:.*Order Confirmation" but '.' doesn't match
a newline.  I tried progressively more complicated regex but no joy.

--
Thanks, KBK

* Re: nnimap-split-rule regex: match newlines
@ 2006-12-15 19:12 ` Aurélien Cedeyn
From: Aurélien Cedeyn @ 2006-12-15 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Kurt B. Kaiser" <kbk@shore.net> writes:

> I'm trying to split on two headers which are separated by a couple of
> lines.  But I haven't been able to figure out how to match the newlines.
> I have:
>
>         ("INBOX.SomeMailbox"
>          "^From:.*avendor\\(.*[ \t\n]\\)*Subject:.*Order Confirmation")
>
> I started with
>
> "^From:.*avendor.*Subject:.*Order Confirmation" but '.' doesn't match
> a newline.  I tried progressively more complicated regex but no joy.

Hello Kurt,

I think you can do like this :
         ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^From:.*avendor)
         ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^Subject:.*Order Confirmation")

I don't know if gnus parse line by line or the full message.
So maybe it's not possible to match newline...

--
AC

* Re: nnimap-split-rule regex: match newlines
@ 2006-12-15 19:25   ` Kurt B. Kaiser
From: Kurt B. Kaiser @ 2006-12-15 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

aurelien.cedeyn@free.fr (Aurélien Cedeyn) writes:

> I think you can do like this :
>          ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^From:.*avendor)
>          ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^Subject:.*Order Confirmation")

I need to "and" the specifications, I don't want all the mail from
'avendor' in SomeMailbox, nor everything with "Order Confirmation"
in the subject.

--

@ 2006-12-15 21:32     ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2006-12-15 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Kurt B. Kaiser" <kbk@shore.net> writes:

> aurelien.cedeyn@free.fr (Aurélien Cedeyn) writes:
>
>> I think you can do like this :
>>          ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^From:.*avendor)
>>          ("INBOX.SomeMailbox" "^Subject:.*Order Confirmation")
>
> I need to "and" the specifications, I don't want all the mail from
> 'avendor' in SomeMailbox, nor everything with "Order Confirmation"
> in the subject.

nnmail-split-fancy can do that pretty readily:

(from "avendor"
 ("Subject" "Order Confirmation" "INBOX.SomeMailbox"))

See its documentation or (gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting for more details.

  --dzm

* Re: nnimap-split-rule regex: match newlines
@ 2006-12-16 17:34       ` Kurt B. Kaiser
From: Kurt B. Kaiser @ 2006-12-16 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> nnmail-split-fancy can do that pretty readily:
>
> (from "avendor"
>  ("Subject" "Order Confirmation" "INBOX.SomeMailbox"))
>
> See its documentation or (gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting for more details.

Thanks!

Whoa, the docs on nnimap-split-fancy read like a parody of the gnus
docs!  Lets see....

==

Later...  the original regex I posted works!  For some reason it wasn't
adequate to hit 'r' after modifying my .gnus to re-read it; I had to
exit and restart gnus to make it effective.

--
KBK