* Per group assumed encoding of 8bit subjects
@ 2006-02-22 11:40 Andrzej Adam Filip
From: Andrzej Adam Filip @ 2006-02-22 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

How to specify (per group) encoding gnus should assume when displaying
subject with 8bits chars? [and "from:" ]

gnus-group-charset-alist fixes body encoding (not subject header)

Some news readers (e.g. outlook) can provide no encoding info in headers
when using non ascii encoding

--
[pl2en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/

* Re: Per group assumed encoding of 8bit subjects
@ 2006-02-27 17:53 ` Andrzej Adam Filip
From: Andrzej Adam Filip @ 2006-02-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@priv.onet.pl> writes:

> How to specify (per group) encoding gnus should assume when displaying
> subject with 8bits chars? [and "from:" ]
>
> gnus-group-charset-alist fixes body encoding (not subject header)
>
> Some news readers (e.g. outlook) can provide no encoding info in headers
> when using non ascii encoding

for future readers:

I have upgraded gnus ( 5.9 -> 5.10 ) and I have added my custom rules
for alt.pl.* and soc.culture.polish in gnus-group-charset-alist *after*
rule for  comp|rec|alt|sci|soc|news|gnu|bofh.

It is so simple *after* :-)