* Re: Moving articles in an nnvirtual group
       [not found] ` <m2wudzm33l.fsf@maui.hanak.hu>
@ 2003-07-31 15:55   ` Jesse F. Hughes
From: Jesse F. Hughes @ 2003-07-31 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hanak David <dhanak@inf.bme.hu> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>
>> I have an nnvirtual group that consists of all the mail groups that
>> are relatively important.  I want the best of both worlds.  I want to
>> read new mail in a single group, rather than have to switch through a
>> number of groups.  On the other hand, I want gnus to split my mail
>> into a number of groups for storage.  I'm also using spam.el for spam
>> filtering and ifile-gnus for splitting.
>
> [...]
>
>> Any advice is appreciated.  Even (especially?) "just forget about it."
>
> Just a thought: what if you don't move the articles while inside the
> virtual group, but somehow record the changes to be done, and then, when
> you quit the group, play back the record, committing the changes.  I.e.,
> bind new functions to the article move and copy keys and make these
> functions store the source and destination group, article number and
> operation in a list.

I think that changing key bindings isn't quite the right solution.
The spam functions in spam.el call gnus-summary-move-article directly,
so I'd have to do something funky with it.

I could use an advice at the beginning of gnus-summary-move-article to
see if I'm in a virtual group, and if so, to perform the recording you
describe, couldn't I?

This still leaves the question: How to do the actual moves once I exit
the group?  That is, are there existing routines for moving articles
without entering a group?  Or will I have to enter each group and do
the moves?  Or write my own routines (shudder)?

Thanks again.

--
Jesse Hughes
"Certainly he who can digest a second or third fluxion need

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-31 15:55 UTC | newest]