* Trouble setting up Gnus + OfflineIMAP + dovecot
@ 2015-10-22 16:36 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-10-22 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Following the examples provided on this list, I've setup Gnus to use a
maildir populated by OfflineIMAP as follows:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
	(nnimap "FreeOffline"
		(nnimap-stream shell)
		(nnimap-shell-program "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir-free")
		)
	(nnimap "GmailOffline"
		(nnimap-stream shell)
		(nnimap-shell-program "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir-gmail")
		)
))

I've also some other nnimap backends (the ones actually synced by
OfflineIMAP until I make the final swith), some nntp.

I can Browse the GmailOffline server, which contains only one folder
named "INBOX" (I've only synced this one so far) but Gnus complains that
it cannot access it.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn’t enter nnimap+GmailOffline:INBOX")
  signal(error ("Couldn’t enter nnimap+GmailOffline:INBOX"))
  error("Couldn't enter %s" "nnimap+GmailOffline:INBOX")
  gnus-browse-read-group(no nil)
  gnus-browse-select-group(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus-browse-select-group nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-browse-select-group nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-browse-select-group)

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong ?