* How to properly delete a nnmaildir folder?
@ 2014-03-06  1:54 Jin Huang
From: Jin Huang @ 2014-03-06  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

Part of my configuration of gnus is below:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnmaildir "email" (directory "~/.gnus.d/mail/"))))

The group buffer list all the subdirectories well.  However, after I
removed one useless subdirectory, the group buffer still shows it, but
with a star before it:

       *: nnmaildir+email: xxx

I have tried to use G <DEL> to delete it from the group, it tells me:

  Couldn't delete group nnmaildir+email: xxx

What should I do to resolve this problem?

Best,

Jin

* Re: How to properly delete a nnmaildir folder?
@ 2014-03-08  0:47   ` Jin Huang
From: Jin Huang @ 2014-03-08  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Jin Huang <hj@cad.zju.edu.cn> writes:
>
>> The group buffer list all the subdirectories well.  However, after I
>> removed one useless subdirectory, the group buffer still shows it, but
>> with a star before it:
>>
>>        *: nnmaildir+email: xxx
>>
>> I have tried to use G <DEL> to delete it from the group, it tells me:
>>
>>   Couldn't delete group nnmaildir+email: xxx
>
> If it doesn't exist, it can't be deleted.  >"?
>
> Just kill it with `C-k'.

Thank you!  It works.  I cannot tell the differences among "delete",
"remove", "kill" in the operations in group buffer.  But anyway,  I
remember it now.

Thank you again!

       [not found] <mailman.16612.1394071794.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-03-07 17:28 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen