Charles Philip Chan writes: > Kevin Brubeck Unhammer writes: > >> I would love to simply say >> >> (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign) >> >> and have all mail signed by default. Unfortunately, this hook is >> called before gnus inserts reply text (so the <#secure thing is put >> below quoted text) and for certain emails even makes my Emacs hang >> (with 100 % CPU usage). > > Strange, there must be something in your setting that is preventing > that. The "<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>" line is always inserted > below the "--text follows this line--" for me with 0% cpu usage. Try > bisecting your config. Also, I just notice, I am using > "gnus-message-setup-hook" and not "message-setup-hook", so try that > instead. Ah, that worked! Actually, I now have both: (add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign) (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign) and it no longer hangs, and all email gets signed at the right place. Thank you :-) -- Kevin Brubeck Unhammer GPG: 0x766AC60C