* How strip attached images `en masse'
@ 2010-10-14 20:25 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2010-10-14 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Can any one offer some input on commands for writing attachments to
disk that work on a mass level rather one at a time.

I normally use `K o' to write an image to disk but that is going to be
very tedious with the mass of images I'm now receiving.

The command requires that I leave the summary buffer and move to the
article buffer then move point to the attached item, them press `K o'
and give a file name.

That will not do it for some 100 images over several messages.

* Re: How strip attached images `en masse'
@ 2010-10-15  7:26 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-10-15  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Harry Putnam writes:

> Can any one offer some input on commands for writing attachments to
> disk that work on a mass level rather one at a time.
>
> I normally use `K o' to write an image to disk but that is going to be
> very tedious with the mass of images I'm now receiving.
>
> The command requires that I leave the summary buffer and move to the
> article buffer then move point to the attached item, them press `K o'
> and give a file name.
>
> That will not do it for some 100 images over several messages.

From the summary buffer you have `gnus-summary-save-parts', bound to `X
m'. Maybe you can craft a simple macro for operating on several
messages.

--
Alberto

* Re: How strip attached images `en masse'
       [not found] <mailman.4.1287087970.17933.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-10-14 20:47 ` Jason Earl
From: Jason Earl @ 2010-10-14 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Oct 14 2010, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Can any one offer some input on commands for writing attachments to
> disk that work on a mass level rather one at a time.
>
> I normally use `K o' to write an image to disk but that is going to be
> very tedious with the mass of images I'm now receiving.
>
> The command requires that I leave the summary buffer and move to the
> article buffer then move point to the attached item, them press `K o'
> and give a file name.
>
> That will not do it for some 100 images over several messages.

In my version of Gnus (the one that comes with the bzr version of Emacs)
there is a menu entry under Article->MIME called "Extract All Parts"
that is bound to 'X m'.  It extracts all of the parts with a mime type
that matches a certain regex into a directory.  I did not know about 'K
o' and so I have always used 'X m'.  I think it does precisely what you
want.

Jason