* how to kill all the news match a regexp automatically?
@ 2007-08-12 12:46 sunway
From: sunway @ 2007-08-12 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I always get news whose body matches "foo", how to prevent it from showing to me when i enter the group?

i have read about the Spame Package info page, but don't understand what to do. Can you give me a brief configuration example?

--
signature:
The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which

* Re: how to kill all the news match a regexp automatically?
@ 2007-08-12 14:48 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-08-12 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, Aug 12 2007, sunway wrote:

> I always get news whose body matches "foo", how to prevent it from
> showing to me when i enter the group?

You could score on the body, but it is veeery slow.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Scoring Tips") ]
| "Matching on the body"
|      This is generally not a very good idea--it takes a very long time.
|      Gnus actually has to fetch each individual article from the
|      server.
`----

See also (info "(gnus)Summary Score Commands"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

> i have read about the Spame Package info page, but don't understand
> what to do. Can you give me a brief configuration example?

Well, hard to tell if you don't tell us what you want to achieve.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: how to kill all the news match a regexp automatically?
@ 2007-08-12 15:24 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2007-08-12 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

sunway <sunwayforever@gmail.com> writes:
> I always get news whose body matches "foo", how to prevent it from
> showing to me when i enter the group?

There is code in INN to auto-generate Keywords headers, enabled via
    Keywords:full
in overview.fmt and
    keywords:               true
    keyartlimit:            100000
    keylimit:               512
    keymaxwords:            250
in inn.conf.

If your server is INN, and has this running, then you can score on
"extra" overview headers with
    (setq gnus-extra-headers '(Keywords))
by using an appropriate score command (e.g. `-1000 L e s p Keywords RET').

If your server is INN but doesn't have keyword auto-generation turned
on, agitate with your Usenet provider to do so.