* Q: Running 'A A' in *Group* not saved
@ 2006-09-19 13:55 Passer By
From: Passer By @ 2006-09-19 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I seem to be loosing the list off all the newsgroups on my server
after quiting gnus. I do "A A" to get them all then normally find the
ones i want using "A a"

How do i save that entire list of all newsgroups?

* Re: Q: Running 'A A' in *Group* not saved
@ 2006-09-19 14:45 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2006-09-19 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Passer By <sender@sender.send> writes:

> I seem to be loosing the list off all the newsgroups on my server
> after quiting gnus. I do "A A" to get them all then normally find the
> ones i want using "A a"
>
> How do i save that entire list of all newsgroups?

The usual usage is to subscribe to the groups you're interested in,
using 'u' from the group buffer; then 'l' will display all of the
groups you're subscribed to with new messages (the default) or 'L'
will display all of the subscribed groups.  It looks like (C-h k u)
you could say something like C-u 5 u to subscribe the current group
and the four following.

  --dzm

* Re: Q: Running 'A A' in *Group* not saved
@ 2006-09-19 15:36   ` Passer By
From: Passer By @ 2006-09-19 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> Passer By <sender@sender.send> writes:
>
> > I seem to be loosing the list off all the newsgroups on my server
> > after quiting gnus. I do "A A" to get them all then normally find the
> > ones i want using "A a"
> >
> > How do i save that entire list of all newsgroups?
>
> The usual usage is to subscribe to the groups you're interested in,
> using 'u' from the group buffer; then 'l' will display all of the
> groups you're subscribed to with new messages (the default) or 'L'
> will display all of the subscribed groups.  It looks like (C-h k u)
> you could say something like C-u 5 u to subscribe the current group
> and the four following.
>
>   --dzm

I do the normal U thing with all the 'T n' things, but sometimes i
just like too look for new newsgroups on a topic, because yes we all
need another reason to be sitting in front of our PCs.

So if i had a list of all the avaible newsgroups on my server it would
be dandy.

* Re: Q: Running 'A A' in *Group* not saved
@ 2006-09-26 15:55     ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2006-09-26 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Passer By <sender@sender.send> writes:

> So if i had a list of all the avaible newsgroups on my server it would
> be dandy.

In the *group* buffer type: ^

This will open the server overview buffer. Move the cursor over your
opened agent and press RETURN

This will give you a list of all newsgroups available on your
server. To subscribe to a newsgroup move the cursor on it and just
type u.

Cheers,
Rudiger

--
Achtung, dieses Posting ist mit sublimalen Werbeeinblendungen hinterlegt.

* Re: Q: Running 'A A' in *Group* not saved
@ 2006-09-28 12:57       ` Passer By
From: Passer By @ 2006-09-28 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rud1ger Sch1erz <nospam_tigre@yahoo.es> writes:

> Passer By <sender@sender.send> writes:
>
> > So if i had a list of all the avaible newsgroups on my server it would
> > be dandy.
>
> In the *group* buffer type: ^
>
> This will open the server overview buffer. Move the cursor over your
> opened agent and press RETURN
>
> This will give you a list of all newsgroups available on your
> server. To subscribe to a newsgroup move the cursor on it and just
> type u.

That is really interesting, i didn't see that reading the manual. This
is better than 'A A' because it shows the number of articles as well.