* synchronisation between two gnus clients
@ 2003-06-28 21:59 Pieter Laeremans
From: Pieter Laeremans @ 2003-06-28 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have to do all my computing work with two computers basicly one at
home and another at my parents home, when I stay there.  Neither is
permanently connected to the interent.

I would like though to use gnus on both of them and synchronise it, in
the sense that when I read an article on one of the two I can make
sure it  also looks like it's been read on the other.

So I guess I have to always move around some files like .gnus, .newsrc
.newsrc-dribble .

Is that enough to tackle the problem ?  I can put those files on a
server and download them when I need them, that 's no problem.

For drafts it seems that I should configure gnus to store them on an
imap server, as for archiving.  Then it should be possible to work on
both pc's but let it appear as it is "one gnus" I'm working with.

Any suggestions ? Has anyonen tackled this problem in a
different/better way ?

thanks in advance,

Pieter

P.S. sorry for the bad English

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-28 21:59 UTC | newest]