From: Mark Triggs <mst@dishevelled.net>
Subject: Re: Mail lost when going from Oort v0.08 to 5.9.0
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:51:56 +1000	[thread overview]

> Then it looks like your group parameters are fubar.  nnml:tim
> shouldn't have a expiry-wait of 60, shouldn't it?  Your ascii art
> group buffer indicated otherwise.
>
> (It could also be a bug of course, but more checking why those
> functions return what they do would be needed before that is proven.)

I've just been doing some tests to ensure that functions are returning
what I expect. I've also realised that I made an error before when
showing what (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:tim" 'expiry-wait) etc
evaluated to.

I've actually got my gnus-select-method set to "nnml", so prefixing the
group with nnml: probably wasn't necessary. Without this, the lines
before evaluate to:

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "tim" 'expiry-wait)

nil

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "ding" 'expiry-wait)

60

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "tim" 'expiry-target)

nil

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "ding" 'expiry-target)

nil

Which is more consistent with my ascii diagram from before - groups such
as "tim" under the "People" topic don't get expired at all, whereas
groups under the "Discussion" topic get deleted after 60 days.

I might poke around with different configurations and see if I can
pinpoint the error a little more precisely. If I come up with anything
that looks like a bug, I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your help :o)

Mark

--
Mark Triggs