* Re: Mail lost when going from Oort v0.08 to 5.9.0
       [not found]     ` <iluvg5g4i8a.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2002-09-09 22:31       ` Mark Triggs
From: Mark Triggs @ 2002-09-09 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thanks for the detailed report.

No problem at all.

> Yes, this sounds plausible.  If you evaluate the following, what do
> you get?
>
> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:tim" 'expiry-wait)

60

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:ding" 'expiry-wait)

60

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:tim" 'expiry-target)

delete

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:ding" 'expiry-target)

delete

> Also, what is the value of nnmail-expiry-target?  Do you set it
> locally in any way?

This is unchanged from its standard setting of `delete'. It isn't being
set in the config, or anything like that.

If I can provide any other info, please let me know. I can make the
~/.newsrc.eld file available, if that's of any assistance.

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Triggs
<mst@dishevelled.net>

* Re: Mail lost when going from Oort v0.08 to 5.9.0
@ 2002-09-10  9:58         ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-09-10  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Triggs <mst@dishevelled.net> writes:

>> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:tim" 'expiry-wait)
>
> 60
>
>> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:ding" 'expiry-wait)
>
> 60

Then it looks like your group parameters are fubar.  nnml:tim
shouldn't have a expiry-wait of 60, shouldn't it?  Your ascii art
group buffer indicated otherwise.

(It could also be a bug of course, but more checking why those
functions return what they do would be needed before that is proven.)

* Re: Mail lost when going from Oort v0.08 to 5.9.0
@ 2002-09-11  1:51           ` Mark Triggs
From: Mark Triggs @ 2002-09-11  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Then it looks like your group parameters are fubar.  nnml:tim
> shouldn't have a expiry-wait of 60, shouldn't it?  Your ascii art
> group buffer indicated otherwise.
>
> (It could also be a bug of course, but more checking why those
> functions return what they do would be needed before that is proven.)

I've just been doing some tests to ensure that functions are returning
what I expect. I've also realised that I made an error before when
showing what (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnml:tim" 'expiry-wait) etc
evaluated to.

I've actually got my gnus-select-method set to "nnml", so prefixing the
group with nnml: probably wasn't necessary. Without this, the lines
before evaluate to:

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "tim" 'expiry-wait)

nil

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "ding" 'expiry-wait)

60

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "tim" 'expiry-target)

nil

> (gnus-group-find-parameter "ding" 'expiry-target)

nil

Which is more consistent with my ascii diagram from before - groups such
as "tim" under the "People" topic don't get expired at all, whereas
groups under the "Discussion" topic get deleted after 60 days.

I might poke around with different configurations and see if I can
pinpoint the error a little more precisely. If I come up with anything
that looks like a bug, I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your help :o)

Mark

--
Mark Triggs