* delete temporary html files
@ 2012-11-02 18:11 prad
From: prad @ 2012-11-02 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

sometimes i read emails in my browser because they don't show up
properly in gnus (S-K S-H). when i quit the summary, i get a message
asking me if i want to delete tmp html files.

is there a way to set things so tmp html files are deleted
automatically?

i'm also puzzled as to why the question is asked. why would anyone want
to keep tmp html files around when it's

a) already visible in one's browser
b) you can get it back anytime with S-K S-H

--
in friendship,
prad

* Re: delete temporary html files
@ 2012-11-06  8:11 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2012-11-06  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Nov 02 2012, prad wrote:

> sometimes i read emails in my browser because they don't show up
> properly in gnus (S-K S-H).

You mean `K H'.

,----[ <f1> v gnus-article-browse-delete-temp RET ]

`----

> i'm also puzzled as to why the question is asked. why would anyone want
> to keep tmp html files around when it's
>
> a) already visible in one's browser
> b) you can get it back anytime with S-K S-H

Maybe t ("Don't ask") should be the default.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: delete temporary html files
@ 2012-11-06 20:18   ` prad
From: prad @ 2012-11-06 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Fri, Nov 02 2012, prad wrote:
>
>> sometimes i read emails in my browser because they don't show up
>> properly in gnus (S-K S-H).
>
> You mean `K H'.

yes sorry!

> ,----[ <f1> v gnus-article-browse-delete-temp RET ]
> | gnus-article-browse-delete-temp is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.
> | Its value is ask
> |
> | Documentation:
> | What to do with temporary files from `gnus-article-browse-html-parts'.
> | If nil, don't delete temporary files.  If it is t, delete them on
> | exit from the summary buffer.  If it is the symbol `file', query
> | on each file, if it is `ask' ask once when exiting from the
> | summary buffer.
> `----

thx for this!
i've used emacs for years, but i still have trouble figuring out how to
find what i need in the documentation.

it works perfectly now just the way i want.

--

@ 2012-12-24 15:39   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> i'm also puzzled as to why the question is asked. why would anyone want
>> to keep tmp html files around when it's
>>
>> a) already visible in one's browser
>> b) you can get it back anytime with S-K S-H
>
> Maybe t ("Don't ask") should be the default.

Or perhaps the variable should just be removed and the files always
deleted.  I can't really see a use case for keeping the HTML files
around...

Any opinions?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen