* imap splitting with emacs24
@ 2012-07-02 18:07 harven
From: harven @ 2012-07-02 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I just upgraded to emacs24, and I have a problem with the imap splitting.
I put the following in my gnus init file, in order to take into account the
changes reported in the news file.

(setq nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX")
(set (if (< (string-to-number emacs-version) 24)
         'nnimap-split-rule
       'nnimap-split-methods)
     '(("INBOX.Trash"  "^From:.*naturalproducts@pubpromotion\\.com")
       ;; some list there
       ("INBOX" "")))

The splitting occurs with emacs23 but not with emacs24.
Is there something else I need to set with emacs24?
Thanks,
--
Harven

* Re: imap splitting with emacs24
@ 2012-07-02 19:08 ` harven
From: harven @ 2012-07-02 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

harven <harven@free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to emacs24, and I have a problem with the imap splitting.
> I put the following in my gnus init file, in order to take into account the
> changes reported in the news file.
>
> (setq nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX")

I finally found the error.
Under emacs24, this has been renamed nnimap-inbox.
The following code solved my problem.

(set (if (< emacs-major-version 24)
         'nnimap-split-inbox
       'nnimap-inbox)
     "INBOX")

Cheers,
--

@ 2012-07-25 22:36   ` alduplat
From: alduplat @ 2012-07-25 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Monday, July 2, 2012 2:08:24 PM UTC-5, harven wrote:
> harven &lt;harven@free.fr&gt; writes:
>
> &gt; Hi,
> &gt;
> &gt; I just upgraded to emacs24, and I have a problem with the imap splitting.
> &gt; I put the following in my gnus init file, in order to take into account the
> &gt; changes reported in the news file.
> &gt;
> &gt; (setq nnimap-split-inbox &quot;INBOX&quot;)
>
> I finally found the error.
> Under emacs24, this has been renamed nnimap-inbox.
> The following code solved my problem.
>
> (set (if (&lt; emacs-major-version 24)
>          &#39;nnimap-split-inbox
>        &#39;nnimap-inbox)
>      &quot;INBOX&quot;)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Harven

Hello Harven:

I am still having the same problem with Emacs 24. This is part of my .gnus config.
As you suggested, I changed ``nnimap-slit-inbox " for ``nnimap-inbox", but it did not work.  I am not a technical user, so I could not understand how to use your code.

----

 (setq nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
 (setq nnimap-split-predicate "UNDELETED")
 (setq nnimap-split-rule
       '(
         ("INBOX.work" "^To:.*xxxx-xxx@xxx.edu")
         ("INBOX.personal" "^To:.*xxxxx@gmail.com")
	 ))
----

Cordially,

Alfredo

* Re: imap splitting with emacs24
@ 2012-08-24  5:58     ` Li Bowen
From: Li Bowen @ 2012-08-24  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Same problem with Emacs 24 Gnus. Can someone shed light on this
problem? Many thanks.

B q shows the right group to go to. But it doesn't happen automatically.

--
Sincerely,
Li Bowen.

* Re: imap splitting with emacs24
@ 2012-08-26 13:10       ` Li Bowen
From: Li Bowen @ 2012-08-26 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

There are too many threads about fancy split (actually normal split
doesn't work neither). I don't know if this
problem is resolved. Can't read through all of the 400 plus posts. The
rules are correctly set, B q tells the right group. But it didn't happen
automatically. B r works. Is there an answer now? Many thanks. Still
love Gnus without split though.

--
Sincerely,
Li Bowen.