* Re: Reloading groups from server
       [not found] <mailman.3.1283981666.7404.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-09-08 23:04 ` Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2010-09-08 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> I have subscribed to eternal-september for nntp and I forgot to
> configure authentication. So I found I didn't have all the groups from
> eternal september, only the public ones.
>
> After setting up the username and password in .authinfo and the force
> authentication, gnus still only shows me the same public groups and not
> new ones. How can I request gnus to force the fetch all groups from the
> server?

Hmm, are you sure the info in .authinfo is being sent to
eternal-september?

I had the same problem you mention recently (with
reader80.eternal-september.org, because port 119 is blocked at work),
and after several tries, this worked for me (the group list was
available without any special command):

in .gnus:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "reader80.eternal-september.org"
                                (nntp-port-number 80)))

in .authinfo:

machine reader80.eternal-september.org login xxxx password xxxx force yes

* Reloading groups from server
@ 2010-09-08 21:33 Paulo J. Matos