* opening a mime attachment
@ 2008-03-14 16:18 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-03-14 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

What is the best way to make hitting return on a mime type open the
attachment using the related viewer? In my gnus hitting return prompts
to save it. hitting "e" opens it properly in Open Office. I would like
retrn to be the default "view attachment".

* Re: opening a mime attachment
@ 2008-03-15 10:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> What is the best way to make hitting return on a mime type open the
> attachment using the related viewer? In my gnus hitting return prompts
> to save it. hitting "e" opens it properly in Open Office. I would like
> retrn to be the default "view attachment".

I buttonize MIME parts with this:

(setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/alternative"))

Then in the article, RET runs `gnus-article-press-button', which
opens the MIME part with the right program (as set in ~/.mailcap)

HTH,

--
Bastien