* where does the * key store message to?
@ 2007-12-05 10:15 David Rod
From: David Rod @ 2007-12-05 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sorry to ask a really dumb question.
When I press * in summary buffer am I right to think that this saves the
message onto my local computer?

How can I discover where this is sent?

How can I later view this message in gnus?

David Rod

* Re: where does the * key store message to?
@ 2007-12-05 19:22 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-12-05 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Generation Commands") ]
| `Y c'
|      Pull all cached articles (for the current group) into the summary
|      buffer (`gnus-summary-insert-cached-articles').
`----

(gnus-summary-insert-cached-articles is on Y c, <menu-bar> <Gnus>
<Regeneration> <Insert cached articles>)

[ @Bastien: please don't _silently_ redirect message from here to
  ding. ]

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: where does the * key store message to?
@ 2007-12-05 21:26   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-05 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> [ @Bastien: please don't _silently_ redirect message from here to
>   ding. ]

Sorry for that.  Both info-gnus-english@ and ding@ arrive in a single
group having these parameters:

 (to-address . "ding@gnus.org")
 (to-list . "ding@gnus.org")

I wasn't clearly aware that `F' (gnus-summary-followup-with-original)
will send the reply to the `to-list' address rather than to the email
in the "To:" header.

Replying with `S W' is okay, though.

Does anyone store two mailing lists in a single group and have set the
parameters to handle only one of these two mailing lists, and does the
same mistake of replying with `F' instead of `S W' ?

Any advice of a better config?

Thanks,

--
Bastien